I love pretty much all seafood, but salmon has to be one of my favs. It can be really easy to make and it’s so good for you. I’m sure you’ve heard that it’s filled with omega-3 fatty acids. A few quick benefits of omega-3′s…improve your cardiovascular health and lower risk of heart disease, lower levels of depression, arthritis, and Alzheimer’s and dementia. Not to mention it’s loaded with protein.
Enough of that though, most importantly it’s freaking delicious! Here’s an easy recipe for one person, because well…I am one person cooking for one person…salmon topped with a beet salad, which is full of health benefits itself.
What do you need? Not much!
(This recipe is for one, so you’ll need more if you’re cooking for more)
- Salmon filet
- 1 large beet grated
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Tsp of yellow mustard
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 T EVOO half for beets & half for salmon
- Salt and Pepper
Combine grated beet, parsley, yellow mustard, lemon juice, 1/2 T of EVOO, salt and pepper
Yep – that’s it!
Pan Seared Salmon
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat 1/2 T of EVOO on medium heat on a non-stick pan (preferably cast iron) for a few minutes, or until the oil moves easily around the pan
- Put the salmon on the pan skin down for 4-5 minutes
- Flip the salmon and let sear for another 4-5 minutes
Plate and enjoy! I had mine with asparagus that I just steamed in a pan with a bit of EVOO and sea salt, wilted asparagus, and avocado. This would be good with any veggies, rice, and perhaps a big glass of pinot noir followed by a nice piece of dark chocolate? Just sayin…